Weekly Current Questions
10 Nov 2014
1. Who is appointed as new chairman
of Prasar Bharti?
Ans- Surya Prakash
2. Which one of the following named
as Most valuable player in Asian
3. Who is appointed as new Chief
Ans- Arvind Subramanium
4. Which Best Bank Award for
Business Intelligence Initiatives
among small banks?
Ans-Karur Vysya Bank
5. International Day for the
Eradication of Poverty was observed
Ans- 17 October 2014
6. Which Bollywood actor appointed
as UNICEF goodwill Ambassador for
7. Who has won Man Booker Prize
Ans- Richard Flanagan (Australia)-
Noble(The Narrow Road to the Deep
8. According to Sixth economic
census, which state has highest
number of Hired workers?
Ans- Arunachal Pradesh
9. Which Bank launched Facebook
based money transfer platform
Ans- Kotak Mahindra Bank
10. Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2014
report released, What is Indias
Position in it?
Ans- 55 (out of 120 countries)
11. Who has won the 2014 economics
Nobel Prize ?
Ans- French economist Jean Tirole
12. Which International Organisation
Launches Global Infrastructure Fund
to cater the needs of emerging
economies and developing Countrie?
Ans World Bank
13. Who won Best Central Bank
Governor Award by euromoney?
Ans- Raghuram Rajan
14. Who has been honoured with
National Kishore Kumar Award for
15. New Chief Minister of
Ans- Devendra fadnavis
16. 10th Edition of World Islamic
Economic Forum held at- ?
17. Who has appointed as New
Product Chief of Google?
Ans- Sundar Pichai
18. Who has been re-elected as Brazil
Ans- Dilma Rousseff
19. Who won the prestigious Sakharov
human rights prize 2014 ?
Ans- gynaecologist Denis Mukwege
20. Who creates record of maximum
victory margin in Lok Sabha
Ans- Pritam Munde (Gopinath
Mundes second daughter)
21. India was re-elected to which
council of UN?
Ans- United Nations Human Rights
Council (UNHRC) for the period of
2015 to 2017
22. Who is Appointed as Prime
Minister of Yemen?
Ans- Khaled Bahah
23. Who has won legislative assembly
elections for the 11th time to become
longest serving MLA in India?
Ans- Ganpatrao Deshmukh
24. Organisation headed by Nobel
Peace Prize winner Kailash Satyarthi
Ans- Bachpan Bachao Andolan
25. Who got Noble Prize for Peace?
Ans- Kailash Satyarthi(India) and
26. Who won Noble Prize for
Ans- French writer Patrick Modiano
27. Who won Noble Prize for
Ans- Americans Eric Betzig and
William Moerner and German scientist
Stefan Hell for "the development of
28. Who won Noble Prize for Physics?
Ans- Japanese scientists Isamu
Akasaki and Hiroshi Amano and
American Shuji Nakamura won the
2014 Nobel prize for Physics for
inventing a new energy efficient and
environmentally friendly light source,
29. Who won Noble prize for
Ans- John O Keefe, May-Britt Moser
and Edvard I Moser for their
discoveries of cells that constitute a
positioning system in the brain.
30. What is Indias Rank in most
desirable place to work?
Ans- 18th (US tops the list)
Weekly General Awareness